Mel Goodman is the national security columnist for counterpunch.org.
- The Politicization of Intelligence, Revisited
- The Strategic Importance of Leaving Afghanistan
- The Biden Administration and the Chaotic Middle East
- Team Biden: Diplomatic and Strategic Failure
- Countering the National Security State
- When Imagination Failed: Revisiting Intelligence Failures
- Biden’s Quandry: Proxy Wars and Endless Wars
- Biden’s Possible Strategic Blunder
- George Shultz’s Character Study of Robert Gates
- Biden: “Boxed-In” by the Military Establishment?
Recent News and Latest Book
The Biden Administration and the Chaotic Middle East
Lawrence of Arabia warned more than 100 years ago that the Middle East was a “trap from which it will be hard to escape with dignity and honor.” Did someone say that what goes around comes around?