Mel Goodman is the national security columnist for counterpunch.org.
- CIA’s Torture and Abuse: America’s Shame!
- Netanyahu and Israel in Decline and May Take Biden Down With the Them
- Never Forget Who Donald Trump Really Is
- Biden is Dragging the United States Deeper Into the Middle East
- Deal With Iran Politically and Diplomatically, Not Militarily
- Why Are Our Regional Experts Expecting More War in Every Corner?
- Meet the Washington Post’s Leading Apologist for Israeli Genocide
- Netanyahu and the IDF Provided All the Evidence the ICJ Needed
- The Costly Failures of Intelligence
- The Dangerous Myth of the “Indispensable Nation”
Recent News and Latest Book
Biden is Dragging the United States Deeper Into the Middle East
“The United States does not want to see the conflict escalated and will not escalate the conflict.” – Senior State Department official in the wake of four days of U.S. bombing in Syria, Iraq, and Yemen, February 5, 2024. “We do not see it as an escalation.” – Senior State Department official discussing the bombing,…
Deal With Iran Politically and Diplomatically, Not Militarily
There is a consensus on the right and the left that the only way to deal with Iran is with military force. The conservative Chicken Hawks in the Senate and the House of Representatives believe targeting Iran—and not merely Iranian proxies—is essential. Senator Lindsay Graham (R/SC) wants to “hit them hard.” The conservative newsmagazine, The…