Mel Goodman is the national security columnist for counterpunch.org.
- Meet Our New “Secretary Of State”…Nancy Pelosi
- The Dangerous Civilian-Military Chasm In America
- Sino-American Relations: Breaking The Gordian Knot
- America’s Exploitation of Gorbachev
- Biden, Pelosi and the Futility of Dual Containment
- Henry Kissinger: A Warmonger’s Lying Continues
- President Biden and Iran: the Cost of a Missed Opportunity
- The “New” Middle East Resembles The Old Middle East
- Washington Post Promotes New Adversary For Pentagon: The Middle East
- Moscow’s War In Ukraine vs. Washington’s “Special Military Operation”
Recent News and Latest Book
Why would Mr. Obama side with China?
The Feb. 21 Washington Post editorial, “Why would Mr. Obama side with China?” suggested that the Kremlin ended Soviet dissident Andrei Sakharov’s internal exile after the Senate renamed the Soviet Embassy site Andrei Sakharov Plaza. In fact, new Soviet leadership, led by Mikhail Gorbachev and Foreign Minister Eduard Shevardnadze, ended Sakharov’s house arrest in Gorki…
Tell Somebody – Kansas City community radio
Melvin A. Goodman was my guest on the January 7, 2016 edition of Tell Somebody. Goodman is a senior fellow at the Center for International Policy where he was a colleague of the late Robert White, former US ambassador to El Salvador, and was a CIA analyst and colleague of Ray McGovern. He is the…