Mel Goodman is the national security columnist for counterpunch.org.
- Biden, Pelosi and the Futility of Dual Containment
- Henry Kissinger: A Warmonger’s Lying Continues
- President Biden and Iran: the Cost of a Missed Opportunity
- The “New” Middle East Resembles The Old Middle East
- Washington Post Promotes New Adversary For Pentagon: The Middle East
- Moscow’s War In Ukraine vs. Washington’s “Special Military Operation”
- More Bloat For Bloated Defense Spending
- The NYT Acknowledges the CIA’s Big Lie for Gina Haspel
- American Exceptionalism: Our Gun Culture at Home and Abroad
- The Danger of Worsening Relations With Both Russia and China
Recent News and Latest Book
Surreal News Show – Discussing Whistleblowers
Feb. 26, 2016 Steve Norris MD Interviews Mel on his forthcoming book, “Whistleblower At The C.I.A.” Surreal News Show on WSLR 96.5 LP FM Sarasota FL & WBPV 100.1 LP FM Bradenton FL
Why would Mr. Obama side with China?
The Feb. 21 Washington Post editorial, “Why would Mr. Obama side with China?” suggested that the Kremlin ended Soviet dissident Andrei Sakharov’s internal exile after the Senate renamed the Soviet Embassy site Andrei Sakharov Plaza. In fact, new Soviet leadership, led by Mikhail Gorbachev and Foreign Minister Eduard Shevardnadze, ended Sakharov’s house arrest in Gorki…