Mel Goodman is the national security columnist for counterpunch.org.
- More Bloat For Bloated Defense Spending
- The NYT Acknowledges the CIA’s Big Lie for Gina Haspel
- American Exceptionalism: Our Gun Culture at Home and Abroad
- The Danger of Worsening Relations With Both Russia and China
- The United States Specializes in Exaggerating the Threat
- What Russian Folklore Can Tell Us About Russia
- U.S. Intelligence Boasting Intensifies Russian-American Proxy War
- New York Times’ Hall of Shame: Ross Douthat Rivals Duranty and Miller
- Clinton’s Revisionism on NATO Expansion
- Another Genocide: Bucha Joins Guernica and Babi Yar
Recent News and Latest Book
Surreal News Show – Discussing Whistleblowers
Feb. 26, 2016 Steve Norris MD Interviews Mel on his forthcoming book, “Whistleblower At The C.I.A.” Surreal News Show on WSLR 96.5 LP FM Sarasota FL & WBPV 100.1 LP FM Bradenton FL
Why would Mr. Obama side with China?
The Feb. 21 Washington Post editorial, “Why would Mr. Obama side with China?” suggested that the Kremlin ended Soviet dissident Andrei Sakharov’s internal exile after the Senate renamed the Soviet Embassy site Andrei Sakharov Plaza. In fact, new Soviet leadership, led by Mikhail Gorbachev and Foreign Minister Eduard Shevardnadze, ended Sakharov’s house arrest in Gorki…