Mel Goodman is the national security columnist for counterpunch.org.
- Colin Powell: Willful Victim of the Central Intelligence Agency’s Deceit
- CIA Creates a Mission Center to Counter China
- The Mounting Confusion of President Biden’s National Security Policy
- Dangerous “War Scares” Of 1974, 1983, And 2021: What Needs To Be Done?
- The Dangerous Exaggeration of the Threat
- Is It Biden’s Turn to be Boxed In?
- “Rogue Nations” and “Failed States”: America Doesn’t Know the Difference
- Robert M. Gates: Poster Child for Bureaucratic Deceit
- Afghanistan: the Miserable Performance Of The Mainstream Media
- Ukraine: the Key to Unlocking the Russian-American Stalemate
Recent News and Latest Book
Why would Mr. Obama side with China?
The Feb. 21 Washington Post editorial, “Why would Mr. Obama side with China?” suggested that the Kremlin ended Soviet dissident Andrei Sakharov’s internal exile after the Senate renamed the Soviet Embassy site Andrei Sakharov Plaza. In fact, new Soviet leadership, led by Mikhail Gorbachev and Foreign Minister Eduard Shevardnadze, ended Sakharov’s house arrest in Gorki…
Tell Somebody – Kansas City community radio
Melvin A. Goodman was my guest on the January 7, 2016 edition of Tell Somebody. Goodman is a senior fellow at the Center for International Policy where he was a colleague of the late Robert White, former US ambassador to El Salvador, and was a CIA analyst and colleague of Ray McGovern. He is the…