Mel Goodman is the national security columnist for counterpunch.org.
- Dangerous “War Scares” Of 1974, 1983, And 2021: What Needs To Be Done?
- The Dangerous Exaggeration of the Threat
- Is It Biden’s Turn to be Boxed In?
- “Rogue Nations” and “Failed States”: America Doesn’t Know the Difference
- Robert M. Gates: Poster Child for Bureaucratic Deceit
- Afghanistan: the Miserable Performance Of The Mainstream Media
- Ukraine: the Key to Unlocking the Russian-American Stalemate
- The Washington Post Won’t Let Go of Afghanistan
- The Continuing Horror of CIA’s Torture and Abuse
- Holding Onto the Cold War
Recent News and Latest Book
Surreal News Show – Discussing Whistleblowers
Feb. 26, 2016 Steve Norris MD Interviews Mel on his forthcoming book, “Whistleblower At The C.I.A.” Surreal News Show on WSLR 96.5 LP FM Sarasota FL & WBPV 100.1 LP FM Bradenton FL
Why would Mr. Obama side with China?
The Feb. 21 Washington Post editorial, “Why would Mr. Obama side with China?” suggested that the Kremlin ended Soviet dissident Andrei Sakharov’s internal exile after the Senate renamed the Soviet Embassy site Andrei Sakharov Plaza. In fact, new Soviet leadership, led by Mikhail Gorbachev and Foreign Minister Eduard Shevardnadze, ended Sakharov’s house arrest in Gorki…