Mel Goodman is the national security columnist for counterpunch.org.
- The Politicization of Intelligence, Revisited
- The Strategic Importance of Leaving Afghanistan
- The Biden Administration and the Chaotic Middle East
- Team Biden: Diplomatic and Strategic Failure
- Countering the National Security State
- When Imagination Failed: Revisiting Intelligence Failures
- Biden’s Quandry: Proxy Wars and Endless Wars
- Biden’s Possible Strategic Blunder
- George Shultz’s Character Study of Robert Gates
- Biden: “Boxed-In” by the Military Establishment?
Recent News and Latest Book
Surreal News Show – Discussing Whistleblowers
Feb. 26, 2016 Steve Norris MD Interviews Mel on his forthcoming book, “Whistleblower At The C.I.A.” Surreal News Show on WSLR 96.5 LP FM Sarasota FL & WBPV 100.1 LP FM Bradenton FL
Why would Mr. Obama side with China?
The Feb. 21 Washington Post editorial, “Why would Mr. Obama side with China?” suggested that the Kremlin ended Soviet dissident Andrei Sakharov’s internal exile after the Senate renamed the Soviet Embassy site Andrei Sakharov Plaza. In fact, new Soviet leadership, led by Mikhail Gorbachev and Foreign Minister Eduard Shevardnadze, ended Sakharov’s house arrest in Gorki…