Mel Goodman is the national security columnist for counterpunch.org.
- The Biden Administration and the Chaotic Middle East
- Team Biden: Diplomatic and Strategic Failure
- Countering the National Security State
- When Imagination Failed: Revisiting Intelligence Failures
- Biden’s Quandry: Proxy Wars and Endless Wars
- Biden’s Possible Strategic Blunder
- George Shultz’s Character Study of Robert Gates
- Biden: “Boxed-In” by the Military Establishment?
- How to Question William Burns, Biden’s Pick to Head the CIA
- China: Enemy Du Jour? But Why?
Recent News and Latest Book
The Biden Administration and the Chaotic Middle East
Lawrence of Arabia warned more than 100 years ago that the Middle East was a “trap from which it will be hard to escape with dignity and honor.” Did someone say that what goes around comes around?